You can access a complete list of IAS email addresses from your address book in pine or Mozilla Thunderbird if your computer is physically on the IAS network.
Instructions for Mozilla Thunderbird
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- From Thunderbird menu, select Preferences and then click Composition.
- Check the box for Directory Server and then click Edit Directories
- Click Add
- Type the following, then click OK:
- Name: IAS
- Hostname: addressbook.ias.edu
- Base DN: o=ias
- Port number: 389
- Now IAS should be on your list of LDAP Directory Servers. Click OK.
- Select IAS as the Directory Server from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK.
- Restart Thunderbird.
Instructions for pine
- At the main menu in Pine press s for setup
- Press d for Directory
- Press a for Add
- ldap-server: addressbook.ias.edu
- Press E. When asked to commit answer yes